Benefits of a VET Delivered to Secondary Students (VET DSS) program
What do I get from VET DSS?
- You can explore potential careers while you are still in school.
- Hands-on industry experience and employability skills.
- Credits towards further education via pathway opportunities post-secondary school.
- Valuable hands-on skills and experience for work, further training or university.
- You’ll study close to home and experience an adult learning environment.
- You’ll gain technical and specialised skills in your chosen area that will make you more employable; including communication, teamwork, problem solving and many more transferrable skills.
- The VET program you choose will contribute towards your VCE or VCAL.
- Nationally-recognised units of competencies and qualifications, meaning the credentials are recognised anywhere in Australia.
- You can potentially earn while you learn if you study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
- A VET qualification can lead to further study options within TAFE or university – it’s up to you and your goals.
- VET DSS courses contribute to your ATAR if you complete the two-year course of study completing units 1-2 and 3-4.
- Some ‘scored’ courses provide a study score like other VCE subjects, boosting your overall VCE results and ATAR score. Any ‘non-scored’ courses provide an additional 10 per cent increment towards your ATAR.