- Talk to the VET DSS Coordinator or careers advisor at your school about:
- your future plans – myfuture can help
- what VET DSS programs are available
- which school subjects comply with your preferred certificate: Maths, English.
Talk about the program with your parents or guardians and check your availability for timetabled classes and out-of-school, off site delivery times.
Can you attend all classes? Some classes might be held in the evenings, school holidays, or another location, like a workplace.
Begin your application process through the application portal on the VET DSS website. Have your USI number ready - talk to your teacher if unsure what this is.
Complete your application, Pre-Training Review (PTR) and Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) quiz.
Arrange a chat with the SWTAFE VET DSS teacher to discuss the results of your PTR and LLN to make sure it’s the right course for you.
Once the application has been approved by the school and SWTAFE, you need to pay the material and resource fees via Campions Bookshop (formally Warrnambool books) before course commencement. Please check with your school VET DSS coordinator to determine resource costs applicable to you.
You are now enrolled and will receive information about key dates and times, plus any other requirements.
All VET DSS arrangements must be made through your school's VET DSS Coordinator
Your timetable will vary, depending on campus and program. The following times and days are a guide only, and are when the majority of VET DSS programs will run:
- Warrnambool Campus* - Thursday afternoon 1.00 - 5.00pm
- Sherwood Campus* - Thursday afternoon 1.00 - 5.00pm
- Hamilton Campus - First years: Tuesday morning 8.45am – 12.45pm | Second years: Tuesday afternoon 1.00 – 5.00pm
- Portland Campus - Thursday 1.00 - 5.00pm
*Additional classes will run in the morning from 8.30am - 12.30pm numbers dependent.
Most VET DSS programs will require 1 or 2 week holiday block training, or evening work in the restaurant or workshop. Find your program timetable as this will vary from program to program. Speak with your school VET DSS coordinator to work out how much of your school class time might be affected.
Student are welcome to stay in the cafeteria after class until pick-up.